Middle School Coaches:
Kettie Mothersead (email@example.com or 317 523 5840)
Thank you for your interest in Middle School Cross Country!! This will be a very rewarding experience for your son/daughter and we hope they will benefit from all aspects of participating in a school sport..
First of all, please sign up for our remind messages.. This is how we will communicate with you for anything this season.. Changes, cancellations, early end to practices etc. Please text @64k4g to 81010.. If you do not have a smart phone or prefer email communication, please go to rmd.at/64k4g.
We will start summer conditioning the second week of June.. We will meet three days a week to begin with and depending on how the summer goes, we will add more days as we get close to the end of summer.. Mon, Tues, Thurs evenings at 6pm..
Before any conditioning or season practice can be done, ALL documents must be completed on line.. Please go to the main sports webpage and follow the prompts.. You will need a physical completed by a Doc and then submit that online as well.. Any questions, please reach out to me or the school..
Come to practice ready to run.. Pay attention to the weather.. Dress appropriately!! Bring water in a reusable bottle, NO PLASTIC DISPOSABLE BOTTLES PLEASE!! The first few weeks of practice are always tough.. The more time the kids spend on their feet, the better off they will be in the season.. 10 week season goes by really quickly when they get injured..
In season practices haven't been absolutely set in stone yet, but we will go to Washington Township Park, 2-3 days a week for practice and then stay after school for two days.. This will all be determined when we hire a second coach and know the school schedules.. Tentative schedule would be M,TH,F at the park and T,W after school.. Slight change from last year.. Fridays might change to after school mid way through season..
Please make sure the kids have a good pair of running shoes to start the season.. Injuries happen all too quickly and bad shoes are usually a main culprit.. The Runners Forum is a great place to start as they find a shoe that fits your foot.. And let them know you will be running for the school and there will be a 10% discount.. Tell them Kettie sent you!! :)
Things to think about:
-We will need parent volunteers during the season to help with snack stuff!! If that doesn't happen, we will have the kids bring their own snacks for after races..
- Since we race on the campus now, we will only need a few volunteers at the home meets for timing, sticks and name writing.. We coaches prefer to coach the kids and not have to worry about this detail.. Thanks in advance!!
- The kids will need a pair of BLACK shorts to race in.. We will loan them a singlet, that will be returned at year end, but the shorts will be theirs.. Please no wild colorful stripes, just looking for solid black.
- Carpools are huge with after school sports.. Please start working on those immediately.. We can help solicit to the group, but practice is mandatory (yes, there are exceptions) and not getting a ride is not a valid excuse for missing..
- Expectations will be reviewed with the kids, but a copy of that will be updated on the website.. Please review so there are no surprises.
- There will also be grade checks at the end of the August and September.. Being a fall sport, let's keep the grades in check so we don't have to dismiss you from the team.. GRADES COME FIRST, THEN SPORTS!!! Sorry, I'm a mom too!!!
- There might be a Saturday requirement to attend a High School local meet to cheer them on, get a workout in and see what HS sports look like.. Stay tuned for that date!!
I'm sure there are more things I have forgotten about, but this is a good start... As always, any questions, please text (let me know who you are), email or call!!
Looking forward to the summer!!