WHAT WILL MY CHILD BE LEARNING AND DOING IN MUSIC?Students will listen, compose, explore, create, and perform music each week. They are actively involved in music whether it's singing, dancing, playing instruments, being the "class leader" for daily activities, or working in teams to compose or create.
My goal is create interests in and instill a lifelong enjoyment of music. Avon music department strives to develop well rounded, well grounded students in the humanities and academics. Please contact me if you have any question at 544-6300, or by email at email@example.com."The arts are essential elements of education just like reading, writing, and arithmetic...Music, dance, painting, and theater are keys that unlock profound human understanding and accomplishment. Children should be handed these keys at an early stage."--William Bennett, Former U.S. Secretary of Education, First Lessons
- Create a positive, uplifting environment with a variety of activities and music.
- Instill a lifelong interest and enjoyment for music.
- Students explore, perform, create, and compose in music.
- Students listen, perform, and create many different styles of music from different cultures and eras.
- Students are actively involved in music whether it be in performing, (singing, dancing, and playing instrument) being the “class leader” for daily activities, or working in teams to compose or create.