BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION GUIDELINES
Updated January 1, 2019
Required Screening for ALL Visitors
- Required for all school building visitors, including vendors.
- Must present a valid photo identification for screening (state issued photo ID, passport, or military ID).
- Includes a National Sex Offender Registry search and internal Exclusion List search.
- Approved visitors will be issued a temporary, self-expiring, stick-on badge for the duration of their visit.
- Visitors are expected to sign in upon arrival and sign out of the office upon departure.
Criminal History Check for Volunteers
- Required for all school volunteers.
- This report will require a SSN Trace, a National Sex Offender Registry Search, Indiana Participating Courts Search, and a County Criminal History Search for all counties of residence in the 3 year look back period as determined by the SSN Trace.
- The volunteer will complete the online Application for a Volunteer Background Screen.
- The cost of the initial screening is $12.95 per person and includes all counties of residence within Indiana.
- Additional counties of residence outside of Indiana will required a flat access fee of $5.95 plus any access fees imposed by the courts in those states/counties. The responsibility for these additional costs will be bourn by the volunteer applicant.
- The volunteer will be notified of any negative report, which would limit his/her participation.
- Approved volunteers will receive an email notification with their digital badge/barcode that will allow them to scan in at each building.
- Volunteer background screens will be good for a period of 3 years from the date of issue. Renewal emails will be sent automatically one month prior to expiration.
- If you wish to be removed from the renewal cycle, please contact Human Resources.