About the Avon High School Program
Avon High School offers a comprehensive course of study which includes Advanced Placement (AP), College Preparatory, and school-to-work preparation through a partnership with the Area 31 Career Center.
Avon High School offers twenty-two AP courses and several other dual-credit courses in partnership with Vincennes University’s Project Excel Program. These opportunities provide the students the possibility of earning college credit while in high school. The high school opened the Avon Advanced Learning Center (AALC) in August 2010 to expose seniors at Avon to a technologically rich learning environment that promotes self-advocacy while providing experiences for the transition to college or work in a college atmosphere.
All freshmen at Avon High School are teamed in English, math, science, and social studies. The team concept, which assists students in their transition from middle school to ninth-grade and the high school, presents the groundwork for the culture and expectations of the high school years culminating in the senior year in the AALC. In addition to the academic program, upper class mentors work with freshmen in small groups to enhance leadership, team building, self-awareness, and to create positive relationships.
Features of Avon High School
- 97% graduation rate
- ABC Block Schedule
- 90%+ of graduating seniors attending post-secondary educational programs
- 50% seniors earn an Academic Honors Diploma
- 600+ Advanced Placement exams administered
- 47 credits required for graduation
- Annual recognition of National Merit Scholars
- Vincennes University dual credit program
- Project Lead the Way Bio-technology and Pre-engineering program
- Nationally recognized music program
- Competitive Athletics programs
- Indiana Best Buy High School
- Student-driven Student Government
- Many opportunities for student involvement
- Technology-rich learning environment
- Talented and dedicated Staff
- Strong State and National Test scores
- Competitive academic teams