BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION GUIDELINES
Updated January 1, 2017
Effective January 1, 2017, the Indiana General Assembly made a few significant changes to the Criminal History Check (CHC). All applicants will have an additional inquiry with the Department of Child Services (DCS) as to whether an individual has been the subject of a substantiated report of child abuse or neglect and is listed in the child protection index.
Level I - Limited Criminal History Check for Volunteers
- Required for school volunteers attending field trips.
- This report will be done in conjunction with the Indiana State Police.
- The volunteer will complete the Application for Parent/Patron Volunteer form.
- The completed sheet will be given to the school office.
- The school secretary will run the criminal history report.
- The volunteer will be notified of any negative report, which would limit his/her participation.
- All overnight fieldtrip requires a Level II Background Check (see below).
Level II - $18.45 Criminal History Check for all prospective Avon Overnight Volunteers
Effective January 1, 2017 the standard cost for the CHC is $18.45. The CHC usually takes 2-3 business days to clear, but could take up to two weeks. Applicant will be contacted with further information once we have received the results.
- Required for All Overnight Volunteers and Volunteer Coaches.
- This report is completed through a company called BIB (Background Investigation Bureau), an online service.
- Application can be accessed and paid through our website: www.avon-schools.org. Then click on Information→Human Resources→Volunteer Background Check; Start your background check here→Criminal History Check.
- Any negative report will need to be reviewed by Ms. Ebert.