E-Learning Activities for Wednesday, April 8th
Theme: Bugs *All activities for today will be found on this page only*
Gross Motor: Bug Movement time with dice!
Below you will find each number assigned to a specific bug. Have your child roll the dice and count the dots to see what they rolled. Match that number to a paper copy (or this electronic copy) of the numbers that show which bug they will imitate.
1. Ant: You march around the room. You could sing the song the “Ant Go Marching” as well!
2. Bee: You flap your arms as fast as you can and make a buzzing sound.
3. Butterfly: You gently make your arms be the wings of the butterfly and flutter around the room.
4. Grasshopper: You jump around the room. You can do standing jumps or jumps from the ground.
5. Worm: You lay on the ground and wiggle and squirm your way around.
6. Spider: You get up on your toes and tip toe around the room like you are on a spider’s web.
Fine Motor: Create your own butterfly using materials from around the house. Be creative! This could include paint, cotton balls, tissue paper, tissue, glue with beads, pipecleaners, etc..
Language: Listen to the book, Bugs Galore, read aloud online.
Go on a bug walk with your child outside. Have him or her feel the different areas where bugs/insects might be located: the water in a puddle, in the dirt, in the grass, on a rock, etc. Use words like soft, hard, bumpy, smooth, prickly, wet, dry, etc... when talking with your child about all the different areas.
Student Checklist: (only one per week - if you don't have a printer, you could write it down to return in your child's folder)