TITLE 1 SCHOOL PROGRAM AT PINE TREE ELEMENTARY
The Title 1 TAS Program at Pine Tree will serve over 60 students in kindergarten, first, and second grade. All students are selected based on extensive data collection at the beginning of the school year, and periodically throughout the year. After study of the data, students that can benefit from more explicit target assistance are identified and serviced.
All students will receive core instruction from certified staff utilizing McGraw-Hill Reading, as well as Bridges Math. The Title 1 staff will assist identified students both in the classroom and in small groups. This intervention time produces smaller group ratios, as well as more extensive targeted instruction. Progress monitoring will be utilized to document progress or to identify a need for re-teaching specific skills.
The annual Parent Night will be held on September 14th. There will be both a morning and evening session for parents. This event will allow parents to learn about Title 1, how students are identified, what additional services and supports are provided, and more information on family nights. Parents will also sign the Parent, Teacher, Student Compact.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM STAFFING AT PINE TREE
Title I Teacher: Mrs. Terri Golay
The responsibilities for the Title I Teacher include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Analyze and collect data of Title I students.
2. Parent Communication3. Supervise and train Title I staff
4. Communicate with teachers, administration, and parents
5. Continue with professional development to stay current with newest reading research and best practices6. Work with community resources to encourage more parental involvement
Title I Instructional Assistants - Mrs. Danilova-Libby and Mrs.Cantrell1. Provide direct assistance (Small Group and One-on-one) to students in Kindergarten through Second Grade
3. Use SBRR strategies to increase students’ ability to read and comprehend.