Your Insurance Benefits
Avon Community School Corporation strives to provide employees with the most competitive benefit package in the industry. Our employees are our greatest resource and we take pride in being able to offer comprehensive and affordable benefits for all of our employees and their families including:
- Medical Benefits provided by Anthem
- Prescription Benefits provided by Anthem
- Dental Plan provided by Anthem
- Term Life Provided by American United Life
- Universal Life provided by American United Life
- Universal Life provided by Trustmark
- Cancer, Heart/Stroke, Accident Insurance provided by Lincoln Financial
- Short Term Disability provided by ASI
- Long Term Disability provided by ASI
- Medical Reimbursement/Dependent Care reimbursement (Sect. 125) provided by Ameriflex
- Retirement Plans
All full-time Avon Community School Corporation Certified employees are eligible for benefits after 30 days from date of hire.
All full-time Avon Community School Corporation Support Staff employees working 30 hours a week or more are eligible for benefits after 90 days from date of hire.
Employees must work 30 hours or more a week.
Medical Dependent Eligibility:
Dependents covered until year end of their 26th birthday.
Changes in Enrollment Status:
Changes to enrollment status can only be made during and Open Enrollment period with an effective date of January 1st or when a life changing event takes place. Once you have made your selection, you may not change it until the next open enrollment period unless you have a "life changing event." Life changing events include:
- Divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Spouse losing coverage at their place of employment
- Child losing coverage due to a change in student status
In the event that you have a "life changing event", you must notify Human Resources within 30 days if you wish to change the status of your insurance coverage.