- August 23 update - Why doesn't Avon Schools just eliminate quarantines?
- August 23 update - How long will students be required to wear masks?
- August 23 update - Will students be given mask breaks during the day?
- August 23 update - Why would we require masks for vaccinated students?
- August 23 update - Are there differences in mask requirements during athletics?
- August 23 update - If my child was deemed a close contact and returns to school on day 8 with a negative test, are there additional required protocols that are necessary?
- August 12 update - How can my child connect with teachers to complete assignments during quarantine?
- August 12 update - If my student has tested positive for COVID in the past 90 days do they need to quarantine?
- July 28 update - What if my child loses or forgets their mask?
- Will we continue to receive parent notifications of positive cases and close contacts?
- If my child is told to quarantine, but is vaccinated, what are my options?
- If my child has symptoms, can I get them back to school with a negative rapid test?
COVID-19 Impact Data
|Avon High School||4||5||3||14||9||13||7||14|
|Avon Middle School North||1||1||2||12||9||6||3||5|
|Avon Middle School South||1||2||12||18||6||2||3||1|
|Avon Intermediate School East||1||0||3||7||17||13||8||5|
|Avon Intermediate School West||0||4||9||8||7||1||7||2|
|Pine Tree Elementary||1||1||6||0||1||4||4||2|
|River Birch Elementary||1||3||3||1||5||3||1||3|
|White Oak Early Learning Center||0||0||1||0||0||1||0||0|
|District Staff, Facilities, Transportation||0||3||4||3||2||3||0||0|
*Following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocol on quarantines. The approach is very cautious in taking steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 in schools. Quarantines do not mean a school is unsafe or unhealthy for students and staff. Quarantines mean significant proactive measures have been taken to support student and staff health. The vast majority of individuals who are quarantined feel fine, never develop symptoms, and do not test positive for COVID-19. This number will decrease as individuals show proof of vaccination.
Proof of Vaccination
If your child has been fully vaccinated and they are identified as a close contact to someone with COVID-19, they are not required to quarantine. Securely email your child's proof of vaccination to Avon nurses at email@example.com.
One of my favorite things to do as Superintendent of Avon Schools is to spend time in our schools. The interactions I'm privileged to have with our incredible students and dedicated employees never fail to leave me inspired and hopeful.
With COVID cases on the rise, Hendricks Regional Health will open a temporary walk-in vaccine clinic this week to help protect the community and to keep students in school.
The Indiana Department of Health has changed the Hendricks County COVID-19 Advisory Level from Yellow to Orange. Let's help protect one another and slow the spread by keeping these tips in mind.