In Avon Schools, we have a responsibility for educating all students in the district, regardless of their abilities, race, color, national origin or creed. We recognize that the whole child comes to school, and that the school cannot ignore the health, character, and total personality development of our students.
The most important educational task assigned to the school is that of working toward the maximum intellectual development of students in an atmosphere that recognizes and nurtures the uniqueness of each individual. Therefore, we concentrate our resources toward the development of an educational program to discharge this most important responsibility.
We invite you to visit the pages linked below to learn more about our academic programming here in Avon Schools.
- All students can learn and achieve to high standards throughout their lives.
- All students can become expert learners.
- Social-emotional well-being is essential for academic learning.
- Learners and their educators are all highly diverse and require flexible supports.
- Collaboration among educators across disciplines and roles is essential.
- All students need and deserve a safe physical and emotional learning environment.
- Relationships are vital for growth and success.