Skip To Main Content

Desktop Translate

Education for Homeless Children

three children with caption reading life is uncertain but eductation doesn't have to be


Dr. Dustin LeMay
Director of Teaching and Learning (Grades 7-12)

7203 East U.S. Highway 36
Avon, IN 46123

p: (317) 544-6000

Every child deserves school stability.

Even if you lack a permanent residence, your children can receive help to stay in their home school district. The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act can help provide school stability for your child if you do not have a permanent home and are:

  • Staying with friends or family because you lost housing.
  • Living in a shelter, including transitional programs.
  • Staying in motels because you cannot get your own home.
  • Living on the streets, in a car, van, tent or other non-permanent structure.
Indiana Department of Education McKinney-Vento Information Button