Our Special Education Department operates in all 11 schools in our corporation—elementary through high school—and our Developmental Preschool is housed at the White Oak Early Learning Center. We are committed to supporting all students with special needs through:
- working closely with parents/guardians to understand your child's needs,
- assembling individualized educational programs designed to help each student succeed to the best of their ability,
- coordinating services provided by educators, therapists, instructional assistants, and school staff,
- providing ongoing training and education to help educators and staff remain properly trained, and
- offering guidance across the school district to ensure Avon Schools continues to excel in serving students with special needs.
In Avon, educational services are available to students eligible under the Individuals with Disabilities Education and Improvement Act (IDEIA) and Indiana's Article 7 rules. We serve students who have disabilities in the following categories:
|Autism||Blind or Low Vision||Deaf-Blind|
|Developmental Delay||Deaf or Hard of Hearing||Emotional Disability|
|Language or Speech Impairment||Multiple Disabilities||Other Health Impaired|
|Orthopedic Impairment||Specific Learning Disability||Traumatic Brain Injury|
Would your child benefit from our services?
The Special Education Department coordinates assessments to determine if children are eligible for special education and then oversees the provision of all special education and related services. If you need any help locating the information you're looking for or if you have additional questions, please contact us today.
Unified Track & Field is a fully sanctioned IHSAA sport in which athletes with disabilities compete beside neurotypical peers in events like long jump, shotput, 4x100 relay, 100-yard dash, and more.
On Monday, April 11, the Avon Board of School Trustees approved a recommendation to hire Robb King as Assistant Principal for Special Education at Avon High School.
Over the years, many families have chosen to send their children with disabilities to Avon Schools because of our reputation for excellence in Special Education. Find out why.
Avon Schools Administration Center
7203 East U.S. Highway 36
Avon, IN 46123
p: (317) 544-6070
f: (317) 544-6080
Director of Special Education
Assistant Director of Special Education