Dr. Wyndham provides the two most recent updates to mask requirements in Avon Schools.
* Please refer to the updated 2021-22 COVID-19 Impact Data chart below for corrected case counts.
- January 26 update: Does Avon School accept results from at-home COVID-19 tests?
- January 26 update: How is Avon Schools adjusting to new contact tracing guidance?
- Why am I not receiving daily emails about positive cases in my child's school?
- How long must my child quarantine if they test positive for COVID-19?
- Are guests required to wear masks indoors at schools?
- Are masks required during athletics?
- Why doesn't Avon Schools just eliminate quarantines?
- Will students be given mask breaks during the day?
- Why would we require masks for vaccinated students?
- How can my child connect with teachers to complete assignments during quarantine?
- If my student has tested positive for COVID in the past 90 days do they need to quarantine?
- What if my child loses or forgets their mask?
- If my child is told to quarantine, but is vaccinated, what are my options?
- If my child has symptoms, can I get them back to school with a negative rapid test?
Proof of Vaccination
If your child has been fully vaccinated and they are identified as a close contact to someone with COVID-19, they are not required to quarantine. Securely email your child's proof of vaccination to Avon nurses at firstname.lastname@example.org.