Tuesday, September 10th Away Meet vs Chapel Hill:
-Students will stay after school instead of going home.
-Have students bring a light snack for after school/before the race.
-Bring reuseable water bottle (we will have extra water to refill bottles), blue shirt, jersey, black shorts, socks, and running shoes! Please pack your bag the night before to ensure you do not forget anything!
-Our bus leaves North at 4:00 to head to Chapel Hill
-If your child needs to leave from Chapel Hill and will not be taking the bus home, you need to fill out and turn in a travel release form. The document is online in our important document files. We will have extras with us at the meet!
Starting August 5th, our schedule will be as follows:
M,W at Washington Township Park from 4-5:30
T, Th after school til 4:30pm
Fridays will vary from park and school but will always be notified in advance.
Please work on carpools if this schedule conflicts with other activities. Missing practice due to no ride is NOT a valid excuse for missing.
Cross Country courses can be found in the document section if interested in looking that up before we race.
Only the top 7 runners from both squads will race at County and the top 7-10 will race in the Varsity race at conference. All others will run in an open or JV race. Runners earn their spots based on times, but factors such as work ethic, positive attitude and mental toughness are keys to that success.
We will only travel with the smaller roster to those meets, but we highly encourage other runners to attend on their own and cheer on their teammates..
Middle School Coaches:
Kettie Mothersead (email@example.com or 317 523 5840)
Kim Winzentsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest in Middle School Cross Country!! This will be a very rewarding experience for your son/daughter and we hope they will benefit from all aspects of participating in a school sport..
First of all, please sign up for our remind messages.. This is how we will communicate with you for anything this season.. Changes, cancellations, early end to practices etc. Please text @amsnx to 81010 .. If you do not have a smart phone or prefer email communication, https://www.remind.com/join/amsnx
We will start OPTIONAL (but highly encouraged) summer conditioning the second week of July.. We will meet two days a week....Tues and Thurs evenings at 6pm at Washington Township Park, near the big sledding hill!!
Before any conditioning or season practice can be done, ALL documents must be completed on PRIVIT.. Please go to the main sports webpage and follow the prompts.. You will need a physical completed by a Doc and then submit that online as well.. Any questions, please reach out to me or the school..
Come to practice ready to run.. Pay attention to the weather.. Dress appropriately!! Bring water in a reusable bottle, NO PLASTIC DISPOSABLE BOTTLES PLEASE!! The first few weeks of practice are always tough.. The more time the kids spend on their feet, the better off they will be in the season.. 10 week season goes by really quickly when they get injured..
Please make sure the kids have a good pair of running shoes to start the season.. Injuries happen all too quickly and bad shoes are usually a main culprit.. The Runners Forum is a great place to start as they find a shoe that fits your foot.. And let them know you will be running for the school and there will be a discount.. Tell them Kettie sent you!! :)
Things to think about:
-We will need parent volunteers during the season to help with snack stuff!! If that doesn't happen, we will have the kids bring their own snacks for after races.
- Since we race on the campus now, we will only need a few volunteers at the home meets for timing, sticks and name writing.. We coaches prefer to coach the kids and not have to worry about this detail. Thanks in advance!!
- The kids will need a pair of plain BLACK shorts to race in.. We will loan them a singlet, that will be returned at year end, but the shorts will be theirs.
- Kids will stay after school for all away meets. We will then travel together to the meets. The kids go home after school for home meets and report back to the school at the assigned time.
- Carpools are huge with after school sports. Please start working on those immediately. We can help solicit to the group, but practice is mandatory (yes, there are exceptions) and not getting a ride is not a valid excuse for missing.
- Expectations will be reviewed with the kids, but a copy of that will be updated on the website.. Please review so there are no surprises.
- There will also be grade checks at the end of the August and September.. Being a fall sport, let's keep the grades in check so we don't have to dismiss you from the team.. GRADES COME FIRST, THEN SPORTS!!
- There will be ONE Saturday requirement!! September 28! This is our conference tournament and only the top 10-12 will attend this meet.
Please let us know if there are any questions!
Looking forward to the summer!!
Coach Kettie and Coach Win