The students have been busy reading, writing and reviewing math concepts. The boys and girls are full of enthusiasm and excited about learning new second grade information.
CONCEPTS FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 12
How can people respond to injustice?
How do I gather information from sources to answer a question?
*Martin Luther King, Jr. and the March on Washington
*I Have a Dream
*Words Like Freedom
*The Story of Ruby Bridges
* Words with long o sound of 'ow' like in snow and the sound of /ou/ like in plow
LANGUAGE ARTS LEARNING GOALS
- I can generate questions about a photos, illustrations and text.
- I can complete notice and wonder charts about different texts.
- I can examine photographs of real events and provide information about the times and places that they have not seen themselves.
- I can use context to find the meaning of words.
- I can reread the text and unpack the main topic of each section of that text.
- I can examine supporting details.
- I can connect literacy and historical ideas accurately and thoughtfully.
- I can use multiple sources when writing a narrative from someone’s point of view.
- I can examine compound words.
- I can use base words and suffixes.
- I can distinguish shades of meaning among adjectives.
MATH LEARNING GOALS
- I can measure the length of an object in centimeters and meters.
- I can estimate length in centimeters and meters.
- I can measure length in centimeters using a ruler and a meter stick.
- I can compare different units of measurement.
- I can divide sets into equal parts.
- I can write a fraction as a number of equal parts of a whole or set.
- I can use the words halves, thirds, fourths, etc.
* Understanding Air
MONDAY - MUSIC
TUESDAY - MUSIC
WEDNESDAY - MUSIC
THURSDAY - MUSIC
FRIDAY - MUSIC
** Students will have the same special each day for the fourth nine weeks.
SECOND GRADE RECESS 10:30-10:55
SECOND GRADE LUNCH 12:10-12:40