The students have been busy reading, writing and reviewing math concepts. The boys and girls are full of enthusiasm and excited about learning new second grade information.
CONCEPTS FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 10
How can people respond to injustice?
How do I use narrative writing?
*Separate is Never Equal: Sylvia Mendez and Her Family's Fight for Desegregation
* Words with reading and spelling options
LANGUAGE ARTS LEARNING GOALS
- I can generate questions about a photos, illustrations and text.
- I can complete notice and wonder charts about different texts.
- I can complete beginning, middle and end pictures about a text.
- I can use context to find the meaning of words.
- I can reread the text and unpack the main topic of each section of that text.
- I can examine supporting details.
- I can connect literacy and historical ideas accurately and thoughtfully.
- I can use multiple sources when writing a narrative from someone’s point of view.
- I can compare and contrast important points from two different texts.
- I can find the meaning of compound words using word parts.
- I can use prefixes to determine the meaning of unknown words.
MATH LEARNING GOALS
- I can compare numbers using greater than.
- I can compare numbers using less than.
- I can count money.
- I can tell time to the five minutes.
- I can read and write numbers to 1000.
- I can identify and extend number patterns.
- I can solve two step addition story problems with sums to 100.
- I can use strategies based on place value to add and subtract to 1000.
* Resources and Choices
* Money and Markets
MONDAY - MUSIC
TUESDAY - MUSIC
WEDNESDAY - MUSIC
THURSDAY - MUSIC
FRIDAY - MUSIC
** Students will have the same special each day for the fourth nine weeks.
SECOND GRADE RECESS 10:30-10:55
SECOND GRADE LUNCH 12:10-12:40