Avon Schools uses CareDox for Student Health Information
Avon Schools uses the online service CareDox as a tool for parents to provide medical information. This service has replaced the paper medical forms that had been submitted by families every year. The system enables student immunization information, physical exam results, and nurse visits to be stored securely and compliant with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations. Because families will be able to access CareDox at any time from their computer, smartphone, or tablet, they will be able to update student health information quickly and conveniently. Please see the FAQ document below if you have any questions.
In CareDox, you will enroll only once and the student’s health history will carry over to future years, however, these applicable forms are required to be updated annually:
- Hold Harmless Form- Must be completed by parent and MD for any medications, treatments and/or medical documentation for a medical condition
- Asthma Action Plan- Must be completed for students that will use an inhaler and/or nebulizer treatments in the clinic
- Diabetic Health Care Plan (all diabetics)
- Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Action Plan- Must be completed for students that have or have the potential to have an anaphylactic reaction to food or an environmental allergy (bee sting) that would require the use of emergency medication (Epinephrine).
- Seizure Action Plan- Student’s that have a history of seizures and will have emergency medication in the clinic
- Over The Counter form- Parent must provide all medications at the elementary level and med must be in original container and age appropriate. Stock acetaminophen and ibuprofen are provided to students and the secondary level with parent’s permission.
If you're having trouble signing up for CareDox, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Students are required to have an up-to-date immunization record or a valid waiver on file with the school. Please check the immunization schedule below to be sure your student is up-to-date. If you have questions, you may contact our school nurse, Sarah Murphy, RN at SDMurphy@avon-schools.org or 317-544-5500, ext. 5525 for assistance.