Boys Cross Country
11-time Hendricks County Champions(1987, 1988, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)11-time IHSAA Sectional Champions(1997, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)4-time IHSAA Regional Champions(2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)5-time IHSAA State Qualifiers(2014 - 11th, 2015 - 14th, 2016 - 6th, 2017 - 10th, 2018 - 19th)10 IATCCC Honorable Mention All-State Athletes31 IATCCC First Team Academic All-State Athletes20 IATCCC Honorable Mention Academic All-State Athletes4 Indiana All-StarsAll-Time Best Record: 157-15 (.912) - 20165k School Record: 15:40.65 - Nathaniel Beeler, 2019
Core Values of AVON DISTANCE
- ATHLETIC CHARACTER
- We achieve Athletic Character through self-discipline and self-confidence by doing the difficult and uncomfortable things each and every day that others are not willing to do.
- Live the life - the little things when no one is looking are what separate a great runner from a good runner.
- Trust your training, your teammates, and your coaches. No one in the state of Indiana trains like we do.
- Don’t let what you want in the moment get in the way of what you want most.
- We will not be afraid to fail – the most important step is our next opportunity to improve.
- You may not be able to control the outcome of a result, but you have 100% control of your effort towards it.
- We will genuinely care about one another and will treat each other with respect.
- We are a first-class program and are thankful for the abilities and opportunities given to us each and every day.
- We love running. We wouldn’t be here busting our butts together otherwise.
- “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.” – Carlos de Montesquieu
- We will be humble in our successes and our failures and will not dwell in either.
- Your character as an athlete is sometimes judged directly after competing rather than during.
- There will always be something to look upon tomorrow, regardless of how we performed today.
- LIFE APPLICATION
- We will use our values, abilities, and opportunities towards the bigger picture:
- “Running should be a part of your life, not be your life.”
Your athletic character and value to this team is about choice and accountability. It is up to you to choose to run fast/hard when needed, to do the little things away from practice and meets, and to commit to your teammates and coaches. There is a direct correlation between commitment and success in everything you do; distance running is no exception.
- ATHLETIC CHARACTER
Pre-activity Screening Link (to be completed every day prior to meeting):
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the IHSAA has required an IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent & Release for 2020-21 year. In order to participate in Practices and Contests at Avon High School during the 2020-21 school year on a school-sponsored team, a student who had a prior pre-participation physical examination completed and such examination was completed more than 90days prior to the first day of official Practice for the student’s sport, may, in lieu of having a 2020-21 Pre-Participation Physical Examination form completed, provide this Health History Update Questionnaire, completed and signed by the student’s parent or guardian, or by the emancipated student. Provided, should any question on this Questionnaire be answered in the affirmative (‘Yes’), then the student must have a 2020-21 Pre-Participation Physical Examination form completed. This form will be completed in Privit. All student-athletes must fill out this form prior to participating in any school workout. All clearance status’ have been reset in Privit.
If you are interested in running cross country this year, please e-mail head coach Zach Toothman at email@example.com. We will be starting up (virtually) on Monday, May 11!
2020 XC Runners:
Avon MS/HS physical night will be on Monday April 20, 2020! Take advantage of this opportunity and get your physical done for the 2020-2021 school year before summer!
Congrats to Nathaniel Beeler on being selected as an Indiana All-Star! Beeler will compete in the Mideast XC Championships on Saturday, November 16 in Dayton, Ohio against top seniors from Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan! Beeler becomes AXC's fourth Indiana All-Star boy, joining alums Will Anderson (2014), Rhys Grealish (2016), and Ethan Goddard (2018)!
Congrats to Nathaniel Beeler (16th place) on earning All-Semi-State honors and qualifying for the IHSAA State Finals as an individual!
Congrats to Nathaniel Beeler (6th place) and Nicholas James (19th place) on earning All-Regional honors!
Congrats to Nathaniel Beeler (4th place), Awet Hailu (8th place), Nicholas James (10th place), Sam Crook (11th place), Griffin O'Neill (16th place), and Jake Shepherd (20th place) on earning All-Sectional honors!
Congratulations to the following AXC runners for earning IATCCC Academic All-State honors!
First Team Academic All-State:
Honorable Mention Academic All-State:
Congratulations to Nathaniel Beeler for earning All-HCC honors for the second year in a row by placing fourth at the Hoosier Crossroads Conference championships in a school record time of 15:40.65!