Boys Cross Country
11-time Hendricks County Champions(1987, 1988, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)11-time IHSAA Sectional Champions(1997, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)4-time IHSAA Regional Champions(2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)5-time IHSAA State Qualifiers(2014 - 11th, 2015 - 14th, 2016 - 6th, 2017 - 10th, 2018 - 19th)10 IATCCC Honorable Mention All-State Athletes31 IATCCC First Team Academic All-State Athletes20 IATCCC Honorable Mention Academic All-State Athletes4 Indiana All-StarsAll-Time Best Record: 157-15 (.912) - 20165k School Record: 15:40.65 - Nathaniel Beeler, 2019
Core Values of AVON DISTANCE
- ATHLETIC CHARACTER
- We achieve Athletic Character through self-discipline and self-confidence by doing the difficult and uncomfortable things each and every day that others are not willing to do.
- Live the life - the little things when no one is looking are what separate a great runner from a good runner.
- Trust your training, your teammates, and your coaches. No one in the state of Indiana trains like we do.
- Don’t let what you want in the moment get in the way of what you want most.
- We will not be afraid to fail – the most important step is our next opportunity to improve.
- You may not be able to control the outcome of a result, but you have 100% control of your effort towards it.
- We will genuinely care about one another and will treat each other with respect.
- We are a first-class program and are thankful for the abilities and opportunities given to us each and every day.
- We love running. We wouldn’t be here busting our butts together otherwise.
- “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.” – Carlos de Montesquieu
- We will be humble in our successes and our failures and will not dwell in either.
- Your character as an athlete is sometimes judged directly after competing rather than during.
- There will always be something to look upon tomorrow, regardless of how we performed today.
- LIFE APPLICATION
- We will use our values, abilities, and opportunities towards the bigger picture:
- “Running should be a part of your life, not be your life.”
Your athletic character and value to this team is about choice and accountability. It is up to you to choose to run fast/hard when needed, to do the little things away from practice and meets, and to commit to your teammates and coaches. There is a direct correlation between commitment and success in everything you do; distance running is no exception.
- ATHLETIC CHARACTER
If you are interested in running cross country this year, please e-mail head coach Zach Toothman at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be starting up on Tuesday, June 1!
2021 XC Runners:
There are two opportunities to get your physical for the 2021-2022 school year from HRH! The first will be Sunday, April 18 and the second will be Sunday, May 16! Click here for more information!
Take advantage of this opportunity and get your physical done for the 2021-2022 school year before summer!
Click the link below for E-funds payment information (this is an updated link):
Current AXC runners competing collegiately:Keith Abramson ('18) - Wabash CollegeOwen Fink ('18) - Indiana Wesleyan UniversityEthan Goddard ('19) - University of Southern IndianaBen Schmitt ('19) - Drury UniversityNyc Sigmon ('18) - University of IndianapolisWill Sims ('19) - University of Southern IndianaPeter Simmon ('18) - Grace CollegeHunter Wakefield ('18) - Wabash CollegeTim Wilson ('18) - Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Follow AXC on Twitter: @AvonDistance
Join our Facebook page - search for "Avon Cross Country"
FUTURE MORATORIUM DATES
- 2017: July 3 – July 9
- 2018: July 2 – July 8
- 2019: July 1 – July 7
- 2020: June 29 – July 5
- 2021: June 28 – July 4