Your Insurance Benefits
Avon Community School Corporation strives to provide employees with the most competitive benefit package in the industry. Our employees are our greatest resource and we take pride in being able to offer comprehensive and affordable benefits for all of our employees and their families including:
- Medical Benefits provided by UMR/United Healthcare
- Prescription Benefits provided by RxBenefits
- Dental Plan provided by Delta Dental
- Vision Plan provided by VSP
- Term Life Provided by American United Life
- Universal Life provided by American United Life
- Universal Life provided by Trustmark
- Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity provided by AFLAC
- Short Term Disability provided by AUL
- Long Term Disability provided by AUL
- Medical Reimbursement/Dependent Care reimbursement (Sect. 125) provided by Ameriflex
- Retirement Plans
- Health Savings Account - TCU Option only available with High Deductible Health Plans
- 24 Hour Telehealth and Counseling First Stop Health
All full-time Avon Community School Corporation Certified employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month after their date of hire.
All full-time Avon Community School Corporation Support Staff employees working 30 hours a week or more are eligible for benefits after 60 days from date of hire.
Medical Dependent Eligibility:
Dependents are covered until the end of the month in which they turn 26 years old.
Changes in Enrollment Status:
Changes to enrollment status can only be made during an Open Enrollment period with an effective date of January 1st or when a life changing event takes place. Once you have made your selection, you may not change it until the next open enrollment period unless you have a "life changing event." Life changing events include:
- Divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Spouse losing coverage at their place of employment
- Child losing coverage due to a change in student status
In the event that you have a "life changing event", you must notify Human Resources within 30 days if you wish to change the status of your insurance coverage.