Virtual Option for Inclement Weather
The past several years, the Indiana Department of Education has offered the Virtual Option for Inclement Weather. This opportunity allows districts to make up days lost to weather with an online learning option. Since January 2017, Avon Community School Corporation has been prepared to use this option.
Options are provided for students who are unable to complete their work virtually. Please read below for more details on how the Virtual Option for Inclement Weather will work.What can I expect on a Virtual Day?
- Teachers will have all learning activities posted to Schoology no later than two hours after the normal school start time. Look for the folder in Schoology named "Virtual Day"
- During the day teachers will have 90 minutes of live online office hours. Students/Parents are encouraged to ask their questions for their teachers using the Schoology Messaging feature.
- All student questions submitted by 3:30 have a response by 4pm
- Virtual classwork fits within the current unit of study
- Assignments will be roughly equivalent to school "seat-time"
- Students will have 5 days, beginning upon their return to school, to complete work in the event they are unable to finish during the virtual day due to service outage or other inability to access learning materials.
- A hotline is open on Virtual Days to assist with technical questions you may have - 317-544-6105
- School closures occurring now and until the end of the school year will result in a Virtual Day.
- E-Learning Days are practiced and scheduled during each school year.
- Our Learning Management System (Schoology) is in place and serves as the source of access to learning materials if a weather need calls for our use of the Virtual Option.
- Click here to learn more about Schoology
- Training and resources for all teachers in each grade level.
- "How to Access Schoology" postcards sent home.