Welcome to the Pine Tree Elementary School Media Center Page!We are excited to help develop your child's love of READING and LIBRARIES!Contact:Mrs. Ann BieberMedia Center Assistant544-6500 email@example.comMy name is Ann Bieber and I am excited to work with your child in the Media Center this year! My goal is to introduce your child to the wonders of the LIBRARY and to encourage an early love for reading. I am originally from Ohio and graduated from Ohio University in 2005. My husband, Andrew, and I have two daughters (Maggie, age 7 and Zoey, age 4) and reside in Brownsburg. In my spare time I love to spend time with my family, travel, and READ (of course!).Media Center ScheduleMonday:Tuesday:Wednesday:Thursday:Friday:Check Out Procedures
- Students may check out two books per week. They may check out additional books for any classroom project (up to four books on account)
- Kindergarten students may check out one book per week for the first 9 weeks. Once they are used to check in and check out procedures, they may check out two books.
- Students are expected to return their library books on the day they have Library. They are allowed to renew their books, as long as another student has not requested the book.
- The Pine Tree Media Center teaches the "5 Finger Rule" to students to encourage them to check out books that are at their reading level.
- Pick a book and turn to the first page, begin reading
- For every word you do not know, hold a finger up
- If you aren't sure of 4-5 words, that book is TOO HARD
- If you aren't sure of 1-2 words, that book is TOO EASY
- If you aren't sure of 3-4 words, that book is JUST RIGHT
- Please help your child keep track of their library books. They can return them to their backpack when they are done reading them at home or have a special bookshelf for them. I depend on parents to help teach their child how to take good care of books, so we all can enjoy them.
1st and 2nd grade will read at least 16 of the Picture Book nominees and 4th grade will read at least 10 of the Intermediate Book nominees during their time in the Media Center this year. At the end of the year, students will vote on their favorite Young Hoosier for the year.Fall Book Fair NewsThe Fall Scholastic Book Fair will be held October 1-5in the Media Center.Students will be able to shop during their normal library time.If you are interested in volunteering to help your child and their class shop, please contact Mrs. Bieber or the Pine Tree PTO Helping Hands coordinator.Does your child read for 20 minutes a day?By the end of the year they will have heard 1,800,000 words.By the end of 6th grade they will have read for 851 hours.Whew!Encourage your child by having them see you read, reading to them, or listening to them read!Mission:The mission statement for Avon Community School Corporation Elementary Library Media Program is to assist students in the development of the skills necessary for independent life-long learning. Emphasis is placed on the appreciation and enjoyment of literature and the motivation of reading for pleasure as well as for learning information skills. The media center staff provides access to materials in a variety of formats and works with educators to incorporate computers, technology and video production to enhance their curricula.