ACSC Wireless Network for Personal Devices
iBoss Browser Certificate Install Directions:
In order to connect Personal Devices to wireless, you must install our iBoss certificate and then connect to the network "ACSC". Follow device specific directions by clicking on the links below.
Click HERE to download certificate
Please note that these directions may not work for all devices; it is dependent on your operating system and age of your equipment. We do not support phones but you are welcome to try the steps below.
Windows 10 Computers - step 1
Chrome / Edge / IE - optional step if you still can't browse internet with these browsers
Firefox - optional step if you still can't browse internet with this browser
If your Operating System is listed below you will also need to download the ACSC Wifi Certificate available to the left.
Mac OS X Computers
Safari / Chrome
iOS Devices (Apple)
Safari and Chrome
Chrome OS (Chromebooks)
- Once the download is complete, navigate to your downloads folder
- Double click the file and click "Open"
- Click "Install Certificate..." at the bottom of the window
- If your device is Windows 10, this will automatically install the certificate to the correct folder and allow you to browse freely once you connect to the "ACSC" wireless network.
- Click on the wifi icon on bottom right task bar - choose ACSC and click connect.
- If you can't connect to the internet for a specific browser, click on the links below for the particular browser needed for more install information.
Windows Specific Browser Install Information
Navigate to: Certificates - Local Computer→Trusted Root Certification Authorities→Certificates
Right-click Certificates and select: All Tasks→Import...
Make sure “Local Machine” is selected as the location and select “Next” on the Cert Import Wizard
Select “Browse…” to find the downloaded cert, and “Next” to continue
Verify that this will Place the cert in the “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” store and press “Next” to continue
Confirm your settings and press “Finish” to complete the import
OK to close
Windows Specific Browser Install Information
Choose “Advanced” from the sidebar, then the “Certificates” tab, then “View Certificates”
Select the “Authorities” tab under Certificate Manager, then select the “Import…” button
Browse to your downloaded cert, select it, and press “Open” to continue
Select all available options for the cert trust and press “OK” to continue
Verify that it shows up in the list and press “OK” to close Certificate Manager
- Double click the cert to add the iBoss certificate for Avon to the keychain
- Choose "system" for type of keychain
- Click Add
Enter in your admin credentials (see example below) for the Mac and select “Modify Keychain”
Under settings, click on security and privacy icon
Confirm by selecting “Always Trust” iBoss for Avon
It will show authenticating; press continue
- Once it shows that the certificate is valid, you need to set trust settings
- Check all the boxes to always trust and press continue
- Enter your admin credentials and select “Update Settings”
- The cert should now be installed
- Final step is to click on the wifi icon on bottom right task bar - choose ACSC and click connect
- Click on Settings
- Click on Biometrics and Security
Click on Other Security Settings
Click on Install from Phone
Choose iBoss Avon certificate
Verify your identity on your phone
Certifiate Name: iBoss
Used for: Wifi
Final step is to click on the wifi icon on bottom right task bar - choose ACSC and click connect
There are multiple ways to install the cert, this will cover the most direct and repeatable across most Android UI skins
Navigate to the Settings menu→Security→Credential Storage→Install from device storage
Choose the location you saved the cert (default storage location for the browser)
Select the cert and press “Done” to continue
The cert should populate with a name, (if not enter iboss.avon.k12.in.us). Under the "Credential use" drop down select "WIFI" from the list, Select “OK” to continue
You should see a message confirming the installation
To verify the installation simply return to the Credential storage section in Security and select “Trusted credentials”
Select the “user” tab to find all user certs
Download certificate with link above. Click on Settings/Profile Downloaded/Install.
Select “Install” from the top right portion of the Warning window
Select “Install” when it asks to confirm to Install Profile
Select “Done” from the “Profile Installed” dialog window
After Verification, click on Settings/General/About/Certificate Trust Settings (bottom of the page)/Toggle on iBoss
Scroll down and select “Show advanced settings”
Scroll down and select “Manage certificates” under HTTPS/SSL
Select the “Authorities” tab, and then the “Import…” button
Navigate to the cert you downloaded, select it then select “Open”
Select all items on the trust verification window, then select “OK” to continue
Verify that it shows up now under “Authorities” and select “Done” to close the Certificate manager window