This webpage was designed to help Avon Intermediate School West teachers implement Academic Core Vocabulary utilizing Marzano's Six Steps:
1. Present the term in student friendly language
2. Students re-state in their own words
3. Students represent the term using a graphic or picture
4. Students use the term in other contexts to deepen meaning
5. Students discuss the term with peers
6. Use vocabulary games and activities to gain a deeper integration of the word.
Our core word lists were created to include words that yield the highest probability of success for our students and are words our students will encounter ALL year long in each subject area. Each student will maintain a Core Vocabulary notebook to keep track of their progress in understanding these priority words.