COVID-19 Health & Safety
The Indiana State Department of Health has changed the Hendricks County COVID-19 Advisory Level from Yellow to Orange. This means Hendricks County data shows between 100 and 199 COVID+ cases per 100,000 residents and a positivity rate on all COVID-19 tests ranging from 10-14.9%. In Indiana, we are seeing a statewide average of between 1,500 and 1,700 COVID-19 cases each day. This number is on level with what we saw at the beginning and end of the surge in mid-October and early-February, respectively, and up from the summertime low of 100-200 new daily cases.
Please remember that masks are recommended in all ACSC schools. We can further help protect one another by:
- reporting COVID+ cases to Avon Schools at avon-schools.org/covid,
- refusing to send your child to school if they have even slight COVID-19 symptoms (fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, loss of taste/smell, sore throat, sinus congestion, nausea, or diarrhea),
- encouraging your children to wash their hands frequently, practice safe social distancing, and follow current face covering recommendations,
- being vaccinated if you're eligible, and
- abiding by all medical guidance in instances of COVID+ tests or close contact quarantines.
In Avon, we are a community and we’re depending on one another to slow and even stop the spread of COVID-19 in our schools. If we work together, we can ensure our students have a great school year, despite the challenges that COVID-19 presents.