Duke Energy Grant to 'Power' STEM Resources
The Duke Energy Foundation recently awarded a Powerful Communities K-12 Education grant to Avon Education Foundation. It will 'power' classroom STEM initiatives in Avon's elementary and intermediate schools.
"We are so grateful to have the Duke Energy Foundation as a partner," says AEF Executive Director Amanda Babinec. "I am thrilled that we'll have the opportunity to invest this generous grant toward the acquisition of STEM Chatterboxes and curriculum in our K-6 classrooms. This will add valuable tech-focused learning experiences for our students at an early age."
What is Chatterbox?
- Chatterbox is a build-it-yourself smart speaker that teaches kids how to program the computers of the future: the voice-based AI assistant.
- The goal is to educate children to provide them with a solid foundation in coding, artificial intelligence and critical thinking skills to prepare them for the future of work.
- Chatterbox curriculum teaches kids the fundamentals of coding and voice skill design.
- Chatterbox can be used to supplement classroom learning or as a project-based learning program.
- Chatterbox curriculum is designed to teach students computational thinking as well as the fundamentals of coding and voice-enabled AI.
Using this innovative, hands-on curriculum, Avon students will develop their critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills.
The Duke Energy Foundation collaborates with organizations like AEF "to build powerful communities where nature and wildlife thrive, students can excel and a talented workforce drives economic prosperity for all."