HRH Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
With COVID cases on the rise, Hendricks Regional Health will open a temporary walk-in vaccine clinic this week to help protect the community and to keep students in school.
What? Hendricks Regional Health COVID-19 Walk-In Vaccine Clinic
When? August 25-26, 4:00-7:00 pm both days
Where? HRH Danville Hospital, 1000 East Main Street, Danville (park at East Entrance)
The clinic will offer the Pfizer vaccine, which earned full FDA approval on August 23, to any community member age 12 or older who would like to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Booster shots will be available for high-risk individuals including those who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment
- Received an organ/stem cell transplant and/or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
The CDC recommends that booster shots should be the same brand vaccine as received for your first two doses. This clinic is ONLY offering the Pfizer vaccine.
If you are unsure of whether you should receive a booster shot, please consult with your primary care provider.
Walk-ins are welcome but if you prefer to register beforehand, you may do so online.