Students Help Dr. Wyndham Share State of the Schools
Each year, the Greater Avon Chamber of Commerce invites Avon Schools Superintendent Dr. Scott Wyndham to provide a State of the Schools update at the November Chamber luncheon. Rather than telling our community and business leaders about all the good things happening in and around our schools, Dr. Wyndham and AHS Principal Matt Shockley invited several students to share their perspectives.
They did an incredible job.
- Liam talked about the benefits of the rigorous academic offerings at AHS.
- Eric told guests how the multilingual learner supports he receives have helped him learn to love reading books in English.
- Jade shared how her internship experiences have helped her decide to pursue a career in nursing.
- Alayah talked about how her experience at Avon Academy is helping her thrive inside and outside the classroom.
- Stephen shared his love of tech and his participation in the Roborioles robotics club.
- Carson talked about how training and competing as a student athlete is helping him reach his full potential.
- Olivia related a few of the life lessons she's learned as a member of the Avon Marching Black & Gold.
"Inviting the students here was a great idea," said one lunch attendee. "It means so much to be able to hear from the students directly."
Students, you're each remarkable. Thank you for sharing about your experiences in Avon Schools.