Welcome to the Facilities Department.
Did you know?
- We maintain 2.1 million square feet of buildings and more than 700 acres of land.
- The average Custodian cleans and maintains approximately 25,000 square feet per day.
- We pride ourselves on quick and efficient turnaround times.
- Thanks in part to a grant provided by the Hendricks County Solid Waste Management District, our Warehouse staff operates an "A+" recycling program.
- We primarily use "green seal certified" chemicals in all our buildings to mitigate the effect of odors and allergens upon our students, faculty, and staff.
- We use 99.9% Hepa-compliant vacuums.
- We are 100% effective in having buildings, sidewalks, and parking lots ready for school no matter the weather.
- Our Warehouse StoreFront is used by employees to find furniture and other items, allowing ACSC to reduce costs by recycling items back into the school corporation instead of purchasing new.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been extremely important to reinforce training with cleaning staff as trained workers are more effective at keeping schools healthy and safe. During the 2020-21 school year, Avon's facility supervisors completed Certified Disinfection Specialist accreditation through Spartan Chemical.
The ACSC Facilities Department includes Maintenance, Warehouse, Grounds, and Custodial services and our dedicated team services a total of sixteen facilities:
- White Oak Early Learning Center
- Maple Elementary, Pine Tree Elementary, Sycamore Elementary, Hickory Elementary, Cedar Elementary, and River Birch Elementary
- Avon Intermediate School East and Avon Intermediate School West
- Avon Middle School South and Avon Middle School North
- Avon High School / Advanced Learning Center
- Avon Administration Center
- Avon Facilities Department
- Avon Transportation Center
|FACILITY||BUILDING AREA (SQ. FT.)|
|Avon Administration Center||19,200|
|Avon High School/Advanced Learning Center||811,999|
|Avon Middle School North||221,006|
|Avon Middle School South||260,841|
|Avon Intermediate School East||136,325|
|Avon Intermediate School West||139,139|
|Cedar Elementary School||113,200|
|Hickory Elementary School||84,100|
|Maple Elementary School||58,254|
|Pine Tree Elementary School||84,100|
|River Birch Elementary School||113,257|
|Sycamore Elementary School||84,100|
|White Oak Early Learning Center||60,402|
|Avon Transportation Center||16,594|
|Avon Maintenance Facility||24,695|
We are committed to providing the best learning environment for our students, staff and community through teamwork and continuous improvement.
Hours of Operation:
7:00 am-3:15 pm
p: (317) 544-6170
f: (317) 544-6171
469 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 46123