If you're #AvonStrong, you belong.
What does it mean to be #AvonStrong? It means to be resilient, creative, and dedicated, someone who collaborates with colleagues to ensure student success. Whether you teach, drive a bus, prepare nutritious meals, administrate behind the scenes, or clean facilities, you have an important role to play.
In Avon, we offer high-quality education with a focus on improving student achievement and supporting the whole child. Read below to learn more about ACSC and to discover how you can join our 1,400-person-strong team.
We have openings for educators, extracurricular activities staff, food service, maintenance/custodial staff, special education, technology, and more.
For questions regarding position qualifications or application procedures, please contact the hiring manager for the role you're applying to fill (e.g., the school's principal). Contact the HR Department at (317) 544-6000 with specific questions about your application.
With Thanksgiving coming up, we take a break from our normal conversations and invite you into some of our classrooms to hear what makes Avon's students and educators grateful.
Dr. Wyndham has a conversation with Indiana State Senator John Crane at the end of his "wonderfully difficult experience" as Avon High School Principal-for-a-Day.
In recognition of National Principals Month, Dr. Wyndham sat down for a conversation with three of our outstanding principals who have been recognized for their incredible work over the last year.
"My purpose is to lead my students in the classroom so they feel empowered to learn, lead, and make a difference. I know these students are capable of amazing things. I want to help them reach their true potential."
River Birch Elementary 4th Grade Teacher
"My coworkers and our amazing students are who motivate me to be #AvonStrong. Working together as a team we can conquer anything. I am proud to be an Oriole."
Cedar Elementary Receptionist
"Our students motivate me to be #Avonstrong. Their strength and resilience inspires me every day. Our staff inspires me as well. They go above and beyond and it motivates me to be all-in every time I step in the building."
AIS West School Counselor
"Serving the Avon Community school corporation is what motivates me to be #AvonSTrong."
- Seven ACSC teachers have been recognized as Top 10 Indiana Teachers of the Year.
- Avon High School is a Top 20 Public High School in the state of Indiana.
- AHS Principal Matt Shockley is Indiana's only two-time Principal of the Year.
- Avon students have won more than $12M in scholarships
- 37% of our students pass one or more AP exam
- Both intermediate schools are STEM certified.
- We are nearing the completion of $55M in construction projects financed with no additional taxpayer burden.
- 2018 referendum reduced class sizes, rewarded educators with more competitive pay, and grew student supports.
- ACSC enrollment is projected to grow by 20% in the next 10 years.
We serve as a strategic partner in conjunction with the administration, faculty, and staff in supporting the philosophy and goals of the Avon Community School Corporation. The ACSC Human Resources Department will advance the academic success of our students by supporting the professional and personal needs of our employees with dignity, justice, service and excellence.
- A successful 2018 referendum dramatically reduced class sizes, provided meaningful raises for teachers and support staff, and added support for students.
- A major construction project - involving seven of our 12 schools - is nearing completion. Financed without additional taxpayer burden, increased square footage and updates prepare us for growth and a more equitable experience for elementary students.
- We recently approved our first redistricting project in a decade, realigning unbalanced elementary enrollments and centralizing our preschool program in a dedicated school building.
- The Town of Avon and ACSC are exceeding growth projections. ACSC enrollment has reached 10,000 and is expected to grow by 20% in the next decade.
We are able to offer a wide variety of benefits including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, term/universal life, critical illness, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans, health savings accounts, 24-hour telehealth and counseling, and much more.
- For the last three years, ACSC has offered a health insurance plan that has seen no increase in premium costs to employees.
- ACSC offers a wellness center for employees on our health insurance for doctor's visits and prescription medications at no cost.
- ACSC offers free telehealth and tele-counseling services to employees.
Avon Community School Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of their operations. Avon Community School Corporation Career and Technical Education department does not discriminate in enrollment or access to any of the programs available at the high school or career/technical education center. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the activities and programs. The Avon Community School Corporation also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator(s).
Students: Mrs. Susie Hurt, Director of Special Education
Staff, Visitors, Parents, Community Members: Ms. Kristin Ewing, Director of Human Resources