If you're #AvonStrong, you belong.
What does it mean to be #AvonStrong? It means to be resilient, creative, and dedicated, someone who collaborates with colleagues to ensure student success. Whether you teach, drive a bus, prepare nutritious meals, administrate behind the scenes, or clean facilities, you have an important role to play.
In Avon, we offer high-quality education with a focus on improving student achievement and supporting the whole child. Read below to learn more about ACSC and to discover how you can join our 1,400-person-strong team.
We have openings for educators, extracurricular activities staff, food service, maintenance/custodial staff, special education, technology, and more.
For questions regarding position qualifications or application procedures, please contact the hiring manager for the role you're applying to fill (e.g., the school's principal). Contact the HR Department at (317) 544-6000 with specific questions about your application.
Listen in as Dr. Wyndham visits Area 31 and talks with seniors Alexis and William and Director of Career and Technical Education Dr. Patrick Biggerstaff about how Area 31 prepares students to graduate with the confidence and preparation they need to meaningfully contribute in our community in a place of employment that is of interest to them.
Each November, we dedicate an episode of the Orioles In-The-Know podcast to one simple question, “What are you grateful for?” During the e-learning day earlier this month, we spoke with River Birch Elementary, Avon Intermediate School West, Avon Middle School North, and Avon High School teachers, administrators, and support staff about what they're grateful for.
Join Superintendent Dr. Scott Wyndham in this special episode as he talks with Director Matt Harloff and Assistant Director Karl Hartman about Avon Marching Black & Gold's Bands of America Grand National Championship, the fourth in the AHS Band's illustrious history.
"My purpose is to lead my students in the classroom so they feel empowered to learn, lead, and make a difference. I know these students are capable of amazing things. I want to help them reach their true potential."
River Birch Elementary 4th Grade Teacher
"My coworkers and our amazing students are who motivate me to be #AvonStrong. Working together as a team we can conquer anything. I am proud to be an Oriole."
Cedar Elementary Receptionist
"Our students motivate me to be #Avonstrong. Their strength and resilience inspires me every day. Our staff inspires me as well. They go above and beyond and it motivates me to be all-in every time I step in the building."
AIS West School Counselor
"Serving the Avon Community school corporation is what motivates me to be #AvonSTrong."
- Seven ACSC teachers have been recognized as Top 10 Indiana Teachers of the Year.
- Avon High School is a Top 20 Public High School in the state of Indiana.
- AHS Principal Matt Shockley is Indiana's only two-time Principal of the Year.
- Avon students have won more than $12M in scholarships
- 37% of our students pass one or more AP exam
- Both intermediate schools are STEM certified.
- We are nearing the completion of $55M in construction projects financed with no additional taxpayer burden.
- 2018 referendum reduced class sizes, rewarded educators with more competitive pay, and grew student supports.
- ACSC enrollment is projected to grow by 20% in the next 10 years.
Avon Community School Corporation prohibits discrimination and harassment. It is the policy of the School Board to maintain an education and work environment which is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment including on the basis of an individuals actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender (including nonconformity with gender stereotypes, gender identity, and gender expression), sexual orientation, and disability, or on the basis of a person's association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you or someone you know has experience discrimination and/or harassment at school or that has interfered with the school setting, you may submit a complaint form to have the incident(s) reviewed and potentially investigated by the District’s Title IX Coordination.
Any student, parent/guardian, or school employee may complete this form. The form will be automatically be directed to the District Title IX Coordinator. The Title IX Coordinator or designated school officials will investigate and resolve the complaint under the District's policies and regulations, and consistent with all applicable federal and state laws.
The district will respect the privacy of students to the extent permitted by District policy and state and federal law. Retaliation against any individual who makes a complaint or who participates or assists in an investigation discrimination and/or harassment is strictly prohibited.
Please provide as much detailed information as possible.
We serve as a strategic partner in conjunction with the administration, faculty, and staff in supporting the philosophy and goals of the Avon Community School Corporation. The ACSC Human Resources Department will advance the academic success of our students by supporting the professional and personal needs of our employees with dignity, justice, service and excellence.
- A successful 2018 referendum dramatically reduced class sizes, provided meaningful raises for teachers and support staff, and added support for students.
- Strategic renovation and expansion projects underway at Avon High School and Pine Tree Elementary, allowing us to make room for more with neither additional cost to taxpayers nor reliance on referendum funds.
- A major construction project - involving seven of our 12 schools - was recently completed. Financed without additional taxpayer burden, increased square footage and updates prepare us for growth and a more equitable experience for elementary students.
- We recently approved our first redistricting project in a decade, realigning unbalanced elementary enrollments and centralizing our preschool program in a dedicated school building.
- The Town of Avon, Washington Township, and ACSC are exceeding growth projections. ACSC enrollment has eclipsed 10,000 and is expected to grow by 20% in the next decade.
We offer a wide variety of benefits including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, term/universal life, critical illness, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans, health savings accounts, 24-hour telehealth and counseling, and much more.
- ACSC offers a wellness center for employees on our health insurance for doctor's visits and prescription medications at no cost.
- ACSC offers free telehealth and tele-counseling services to employees.