We strive to keep students safe and families informed as we periodically make improvements to our transportation services. The criteria we use in making these decisions is always based on safety. The process of developing safety protocol involves parents, bus drivers, local law enforcement and fire department, administrators from the Town of Avon, Avon School Board, school administrators, and others.
Would you like to learn more? Please download and review our rules and guidelines brochure. Then, feel free to scroll and click through the information on this page. We provide it so you can understand how our department works with you to make sure your children get safely to and from school each day.
If you have questions relating to your child’s bus stop, routing or pick up times, contact us at (317) 544-6140. Please check back often for the most up-to-date information. It is our goal to keep you advised of changes as they occur. Look for additional correspondence during the school year.
All of us at the Transportation Center appreciate and acknowledge the cooperation and support we receive from families and the community.
ACSC Transportation Department
2022-23 School Bus Routing Information
To find bus stop and schedule information for a student:
- Select your student’s grade level
- Enter a valid home street address
- The address must be entered in two parts – the house number and complete street name
- Do not include punctuation
- Do not include lot, unit or apartment numbers
- Click the FIND INFO button to search
- If you receive “Home Street Not Found – Closest Match”, click on the drop down, select the correct street then click on “Use Selected Match”
Families who reside on a county road will need to use their e-Link login credentials to obtain bus stop information or contact the Transportation Office at (317) 544-6140.
If you have difficulties with the routing system or any other questions regarding transportation of your student, contact the Transportation Department.
- Go immediately to your seat assigned by the driver and remain in the seat facing forward for the entire bus trip.
- All kindergarten students must be picked up by a parent or designee. If by designee, a signed affidavit must be on file in the Avon Transportation facility.
- Talk in a quiet reasonable tone of voice. Loud, boisterous, profane language or indecent conduct will not be tolerated.
- No teasing, tripping, holding or using body in any objectionable manner.
- No throwing items.
- Food, drinks, candy and gum of any kind are prohibited.
- Cell phones may be used for texting. The taking of pictures or video’s is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate suspension.
- Students are only allowed to listen to music from their cell phone, if headphones are used.
- Windows are not to be lowered below the designated mark and only with the drivers approval. Keep all body parts inside the bus at all times.
- Keep aisle of bus clear of all items including book bags and instruments.
- Musical instruments need to be held by the student at all times.
- Be respectful of the bus driver and follow all directives given by the driver.
- Treat all school property with respect.
- The same conduct rules expected in the classroom apply on the bus.
- Remain completely quiet when the bus stops for railroad crossings.
- Students will be released at their bus stop only, unless prior written permission has been given by the school.
- No skateboards, scooters, etc. are allowed on the bus.
- The Avon Transportation Department designates the bus stops and pick up times for all students.
- Students are to be at their designated bus stop 5 minutes before their assigned pick up time.
- Smoking, and/or E-cigs, lighters, matches, drug possession, fighting and /or damage to school property are not tolerated and are prohibited.
Second Notice: Written warning/parent call
Third Notice: Written warning/parent call followed by a one (1) day bus suspension. The student will be allowed to attend school.
Fourth Notice: Written warning/parent call followed by a three (3) day bus suspension. The student will be allowed to attend school.
Fifth Notice: Written warning/parent call followed by a five (5) day bus suspension. The student will be allowed to attend school.
Sixth Notice: Student suspended from the bus for the remainder of the semester. The student will still be allowed to attend school.
Parent contact will be made after each notice. In cases of egregious misbehavior, normal warnings may be bypassed and become subject to harsher discipline and/or immediate bus suspension.
We provide safe, efficient, and on-time transportation services for eligible students to and from school and school-related events with high levels of customer services and employee satisfaction. Recognizing that the school bus driver plays an important role in the future of young people, our drivers are further charged with the responsibility of positively influencing young people's lives.
Hours of Operation
Summer: M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm
School Year: M-F, 5:30 am-5:00 pm
p: (317) 544-6140
f: (317) 544-6141
ACSC Transportation Center
255 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 46123