We strive to keep students safe, and families informed as we periodically make improvements to our transportation services. The criteria we use in making these decisions is always based on safety. The process of developing safety protocol involves parents, bus drivers, local law enforcement, the fire department, administrators from the Town of Avon, Avon School Board, school administrators, and others.
Would you like to learn more? Please review our rules and guidelines below. Then, feel free to scroll and click through the information on this page. We provide it so you can understand how our department works with you to make sure your children get safely to and from school each day.
All of us at the Transportation Center appreciate and acknowledge the cooperation and support we receive from families and the community.
ACSC Transportation Department
Locating Bus Info
You can access student route information in your browser using PowerSchool.
- Click the button below to log in to your existing PowerSchool account or to create a new account.
- Choose your child's tab in PowerSchool.
- Under 'Navigation', click 'Transportation Info'.
This process will take you to your child's bus information. If you have more than one child, navigate between your children's tabs in PowerSchool to view their individual schedules.
Bus information for the 2023-24 school year is available.
2023-24 School Bus Routing Information
To find bus stop and schedule information for a student without a password:
- Select your student's grade level.
- Enter a valid home street address.
- Do not include punctuation.
- Do not include lot, unit, or apartment numbers.
- Click the 'Find School/Transportation Info' button to search.
- If you receive "Home Street Not Found - Closest Match" alert, click on the drop down, select the correct street, then click on 'Use Selected Match.'
Families who reside on a county road will need to use their PowerSchool credentials to obtain bus stop information or contact the Transportation Office at (317) 544-6140.
If you have difficulties with the routing system or any other questions regarding transportation of your student, contact the Transportation Department at (317) 544-6140.
- How do I request a ride for my child?
- How are bus stops and routes determined?
- Why does our bus stop change from year to year, or even during the school year?
- The bus passes by my house on the way to a stop down the street. Why can’t the bus just stop and pick up my child at my house?
- I need to have different daily bus stops for my student. How do I set this up?
- Our neighborhood does not have sidewalks and is poorly lit. How can I get the stop moved closer to our home?
- The pickup time on the website says one time but the driver needed to change it to an earlier time. Why?
- We were late this morning, and my student went running after the bus, but the driver never stopped. Why?
- How many people can ride the bus?
- Why does my student have to sit in an assigned seat?
- Things are happening on the bus that the driver does not do anything about. Why?
- Another student on the bus is bothering my student. What should I do?
- What items are allowed to be transported on the bus?
- Are ACSC buses equipped with cameras? What about GPS?
- What should I do if I have a transportation concern or if I'd like to request a change?
- What qualifications must bus drivers have to drive a school bus for Avon Community School Corporation?
We provide safe, efficient, and on-time transportation services for eligible students to and from school and school-related events with high levels of customer services and employee satisfaction. Recognizing that the school bus driver plays an important role in the future of young people, our drivers are further charged with the responsibility of positively influencing young people's lives.
Transportation Call Center Information
For your convenience, Transportation operates a dedicated call center at the beginning of each school year.
Dates: July 17-August 11
Hours: 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Phone: (317) 544-6150
Hours of Operation
Summer: M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm
School Year: M-F, 5:30 am-5:00 pm
p: (317) 544-6140
f: (317) 544-6141
ACSC Transportation Center
255 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 46123